Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why Am I Single: Top 6 Reason I CHOOSE To Roll Solo-Dolo

I often get asked by people, mostly men...Why are you single...then followed by, Okay, Whats wrong with you? Now, ain't that some BULL! Why does it have to be something wrong with me because I'm single. I think these days a lot of women and men for the most part are single because it means a drama free life, and the ability to do as you please....Do as you please? SKERRRRRRRRRRR (*flooring the brakes*)...You grown, shouldn't you be able to do as you please whether you are in a relationship or not?! Let me stop that's a whole nother post. Any who, I'm about to give you the run down of why I choose to be single...LETS GO!!!

6. No One Has Caught My Eye/Heart

I have dated, and its cool, but the little flame I have managed to develop for the guy(s) somehow manages to put itself out. You know in the beginning of any relationship or what I like to call it "DATINGSHIP" things are always grand, they pull out all the stops...flowers, nice dinners, low key chill spots, etc. Then when they get "COMFORTABLE" all that stuff stops "EXPEDITIOUSLY" (shouts out to Mr Clark: Lean On Me! lol) The wining and dining is no more. So UNTIL I find someone whom can be straight up from the jump, and not just do these things to impress me or can maintain these GRAND things that is done in his introduction of himself to me, ANDDDD is/has become my TRUE/BEST friend, but if not, then I will FOREVER be a "SINGLE LADY" (Now, Put Ya Hands UP!)

5. You Get A Chance To Meet A Lot Of New People (Guys)

Though recently, I've become more comfortable with dating, I have found it to be fun. It has allowed me to be more open with others as well as myself. In the beginning I was very selective of whom I allowed my time (and don't get me wrong, I still am, but I have lighten up a tad bit), and now I tend to give guys whom I wouldn't normally give a chance in HELL an opportunity to visit Mirror~Mirror's World. lol I deserve an award for that b/c I've given away far to many free admission tickets to some undeserving jerks, but, hey...if I didn't I would never know what I like and don't like. So, being single DEFINITELY gives you an opportunity to explore what you like and don't like, what you can take, and can not take, and most importantly WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE LOOKING FOR in that special someone! And, my list ain't no JOKE! (i mean its not a list of impossible standards, but I know my worth and each day continuing to learning more about my worth, so whomever he you are, you are gonna have to come "wit" it!) *snaps fingers*

4. Stress~FREE+ Drama~FREE+ Mood swing~FREE = "BEAUTIFUL BLISS" (shouts out Wale)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcmpJX_FSFw I like this song....take a listen!

Being single means I can chill and not have to worry about dealing with some foolishness. Its crazy how us single people can associate a relationship with drama (RELATIONSHIP=DRAMA)...I know I just ruffled a few feathers with that one, but its the truth, but b4 you exit my page please read on...BABY, LET ME EXPLAIN...LOL
There are a lot of bitter people out there in the Datingship World, and it primarily due to soar ending relationships, therefore, they associate being in a relationship very stressful. But, I am one to say that this is not necessarily the proper way to look at things, GRANTED, if you are not in a relationship or if you are in an HEALTHY relationship, your stress level is way lower than being in a crappy one. Duhhhh, we all know that right. But, lets take it to another level, when your'e single you don't have to worry about anyone elses feelings, or am I being rude, or all that other crap that you deal with in a relationship... look at it as an OPPORTUNITY for once in your life to live and be selfish...with no regrets.

3. NO Obligations

You ain't my man, I ain't obligated to do, attend, or say NOTHING! lol Right now, that's my attitude! (ugh, I can't believe I just quoted Trina...ahhh mess!)
Why tie yourself up or into something that you know has a dead end. I like to think of myself as a "realist", one whom looks at things at face value, so with that being said, I don't look unless ima buy, I don't obligate myself to nothing I know I'm not gonna invest the proper time in. (okay, I'm getting off subject...) When your single you are not responsible for the normal duties of a girlfriend or boyfriend. Examples: attending work events, listening to all the nagging about how their neighbors disrespect them, etc. (reference back to #4)

2. Not Up For The Games

Far too many games are being played in this world call Love, and frankly, I ain't the one for them. I have taken into consideration that there is a possible chance that its just that guys my age are not mature enough to handle a real relationship and I should try older men. DONE THAT, same results, make it so bad they are worst, b/c they are just getting out of a long term relationship is only looking for a good time. (sorry, i ain't gonna be able to do it bruh...NEXT!) The games are what frustrates me the most, I mean it can single handily turn you off completely when it comes to dating. Thankfully, I am in recovery from my overdose of games, and I'm trying to think optimistic about things. (We Shall See!)

1. I Don't Think I'm Honestly Ready To Be In A Relationship

The worst thing you can do is to give in and do something you don't want to do or you know is wrong. I think we have all fallen victim to this, I know I have, and the outcome is FUDGED UP! As I've spent these last 2 years and some months single I have really done some self evaluations trying to determine if I'm ready. I have gone through so much in my love life, that I can admit had altered the way I think of love. So, until I can whole heartily say I can be fair and selfless i refuse to get involved in a relationship where I would only end up hurting the other party or vice versa, they would end up hurting me. You have to be ready to be in a relationship and ready to accept all that comes with it, and right now I know I'm not, so I choose to be true to myself and learn me, before I can allow someone else too. REAL TALK!


***So, Ladies and Gentlemen don't let anyone make you think something is wrong with you b/c you choose to remain single. Now, these are my reason...and not everyone will agree with them, and that's cool, but like I said they are MINE, and this is how I choose to live my life. You have to determine how you want to live you life not anyone else, and when you do your life will be so much more happier, and who knows, there might be some room for a relationship down the road, but let that decision be on you, not b/c of the thoughts of others. You don't need anyone to complete you, you should already be complete as a person before you enter a relationship, that other person should merely be an ADDITION to your happiness. Yo, I could go on and on, but ima stop...Until we blog again! Peace!

~MiRRoR~MiRRoR~

No comments:

Post a Comment